School Site Council
The School Site Council (SSC) is a group comprised of McKinley staff and parent/community representatives. These are the SSC's responsibilities:
- Analyze and evaluate the academic achievement of all students.
- Obtain recommendations for SPSA plans and budget from other advisory groups.
- Develop the SPSA and budget and recommend to the Board.
- Develop the school Safety Plan and recommend to the Board.
- Review/Monitor the SPSA plan and revise as needed.
- Review/Monitor the Safety plan and revise as needed.
- Review and Update By-Laws as needed.
- Conduct an Annual Title I meeting.
- Ensure a Site Level Parent Involvement Plan is in place and shared annually.
- Be trained in ELAC Roles and Responsibilities if combined.
Please see McKinley SSC meeting agendas and notes below.
English Language Advisory Committee
The English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC) is a parent group that represents the needs and interest of multilingual learners that are in process of learning English.
McKinley's ELAC advises and assists the principal, school staff, and School Site Council (SSC) on:
- Development of a site plan for English learners and submitting the plan to the SSC for consideration of inclusion in the School Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA)
- Development of the school-wide needs assessment
- Ways to make parents aware of the importance of attendance
McKinley's ELAC shall have the opportunity to elect at least one member to the District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
Please see McKinley ELAC meeting agendas and notes below.