- FMSD has added School Social Workers at all school sites to support the physical, social-emotional, mental health and academic growth of each student. Services and supports are designed within a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS). All services support students both in school and students who opt in to Independent Study.
- FMSD adopted the CASEL framework for social and emotional learning and has integrated the Second Step curriculum in all grade levels at all school sites.
- Trauma Skilled Schools Model is currently implemented in 2 of our school sites focusing on understanding and responding to the impact of trauma on adults and youth.
- All school sites have a Wellness Center focused on holistic and developmentally appropriate wellness services for all students. In addition, services and supports are designed to meet the needs of staff, families and the community.
- Early Learning is proud to support the overall development of our littlest learners. With the support of the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, we offer comprehensive programs and services for our PK, TK and K students, staff and families. In addition, we offer continuous professional development for teachers and support staff to support high quality early learning education and resources to respond to the ongoing educational and mental health as a result of the pandemic.
To request mental health and wellness supports, please submit a referral for your school. Click here to find our School Linked Services Referral.
AB 748 Mental Health and Wellness Information